The goal of the school counseling program at Chartiers Valley Primary School is to promote the social/emotional, academic, and career growth of all students, kindergarteners through second graders.
To bring about this goal various programs and practices are in place including:
- The Caught Being Good Program, which is a part of our School Wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports Initiative
- Classroom Lessons
- Small groups including Yoga, Social Skills and various other groups based on need
- New student groups and lunches to orient new students to the school
- Study Buddies program which pairs an adult mentor with a student
- TLCv program which gives high school students the opportunity to mentor our primary school students
- Participation in our MTSS and CORE Team processes which help determine interventions to put in place for students who need support academically or behaviorally
- Coordination of the implementation of school wide classroom lessons of Second Step Curriculum which focuses on social emotional learning
Please visit the GROUPS tab to learn more about the various initiatives of the school counseling program.